At Jacks Garden Store we offer gardening advice and simple tips on how to make gardening more fun! I have compiled a great list of garden maintenance tasks that can be completed in 20 minutes or less. Now that the nights are becoming lighter if you work full-time or spend all day looking after the children, these small tasks can be completed once the day job is over. Spending under half an hour in your garden each evening will not only help you keep up with garden maintenance, the time outdoors will also help you to relax and unwind after a hard day. Once you have completed a task you will also feel a great sense of fulfilment and achievement. Garden maintenance could not be simpler!
- Start a hanging basket or pot a plant
- Pull up weeds
- Rake away leaves
- Prune a shrub
- Pick some fruit
- Fertilise your plants
- Mark out a new bed or plan where you would like to put a raised bed planter.
- Refill your bird bath and put food on the bird table
- Sow some vegetable seeds (check out my fantastic range of starter seed kits)
- Turn the compost.
- Train a climbing plant or vine
- Clean garden furniture
- Dig up a dead plant
- Mow a small lawn
- Transplant a shrub that isn’t growing successfully in one spot
- Start a new compost heap
- Tidy your greenhouse or garden shed
- Start a herb garden (check out my fantastic range of starter seed kits)
- Spread some mulch
- Take photographs of your garden in full bloom
This list shows even with limited time you can still get outdoors and do lots of garden maintenance in a relatively short time period. Use the weekends to complete larger gardening jobs when you can allocate several hours to a garden maintenance. For more gardening advice and useful tips check out my blog at Jacks Garden Store where you will find information on a vast range of different gardening topics.