Please note an additional installation surcharge applies to the following postcodes:
£65 - AB, CF, DD, EX, IV, LL, PA, PH, PL, SA, TR, TQ
No installations are available for BT, KW, GY, JE and IM postcodes
Mercia Garden Products Ltd
Supplied and Fitted Terms and Conditions
1. A 28 working day lead time from date of order will apply to those customers requiring their buildings to be fitted. In exceptional and unavoidable circumstances, these periods may be extended.
2. This service is currently offered to limited postcodes only – please call 0117 3600 505 for details of these
3. Mercia Garden Products will endeavour to deliver & install customer orders at the earliest opportunity subject to the conditions outlined below:
• Mercia Garden Products shall not be liable to the Buyer or be deemed to be in breach of the contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of the Seller's obligations in relation to the Goods, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the Seller's reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as causes beyond the Seller's reasonable control:
• Act of God, explosion, flood, tempest, fire or accident;
• War or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance or requisition;
• Acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental, parliamentary or local authority;
• Import or export regulations or embargoes;
• Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial actions or trade disputes (whether involving employees of the Seller or of a third party);
• Difficulties in obtaining raw materials, labour, fuel, parts or machinery;
• Power failure or breakdown in machinery.
• Mercia Garden Products will not accept any responsibility for any third party costs incurred for late deliveries, failed deliveries or incomplete deliveries. It is the Buyer's responsibility to check that the delivery is complete and in good order before arranging any third party contractors to assist in installation.
4. Customers will be contacted 2-5 days prior to the anticipated fitting date
5. Installations are carried out weekdays only, typically between the hours of 7.00am and 7.00pm. A more accurate time of fitting can be given to customers calling the dispatch department the afternoon prior to delivery date
6. Customers are encouraged to accept their first offered delivery date as stock availability and alternative delivery dates cannot be guaranteed at all times
7. You do not have to be present at time of fitting; however, we would require written permission to deliver in your absence and detailed instruction of your fitting requirements. Please send details to [email protected]
8. It is the responsibility of ‘The Customer’ to provide free and unobstructed access for product delivery and entry to the fitting site. We recommend that panel sizes are checked to allow access through archways and doors. Any failed, abortive or return delivery charges shall be recovered from ‘The Customer’ at cost
9. Mercia Garden Products will not bear any abortive costs arising from ‘The Customer’ due to a failed delivery / installation
10. Where an installation option is shown and selected, this service will be carried out in a competent and professional manner 11. To ensure that installation can be completed, the customer must:
• Provide a concrete or paved base, being firm, square (diagonals) and level (by spirit level) – no less than the size of their chosen product.
• Ensure 600mm (2’) unobstructed access is provided all around the proposed site
• No trees, branches or similar encroach upon the proposed site or working space
• Provide clear external pedestrian access (not height or turn limited) to allow unimpeded passage of the product sections or components
• Customers who have purchased a Portabase with their building need to be aware that it is their responsibility to ensure that the ground it will sit on is of a gradient no more than 65mm across the length or width of the base, the area should also be devoid of obstructions and not overly saturated with water. If the fitting team deem the ground is not suitable, the installation will be aborted. Subject to the conditions in point 9 above will not bear any abortive costs arising from ‘The Customer’ due to a failed delivery / installation.
• Please be aware that it is the customer’s responsibility to install the Eco base even if it has been purchased with the installation.
• If you are unsure about anything to do with our recommended range of Mercia Garden Products Portabases, please contact our customer service help line number before making your purchase, alternatively you can email us on [email protected]
12. If on arrival, the base does not fully comply with the above and installation is abandoned, ‘The Customer’ will become liable for the installation service fee which is 50% of the original installation cost. This fee will be retained by Mercia Garden Products to cover the initial incurred labour costs. The product can be left on site and ‘The Customer’ given the option of either:
• Or, preparing an appropriate base upon which a return visit can be arranged subject to payment of an additional erection service fee
13. If the buyer decides to cancel the order once the fitting team have finished the installation, the fitting charge will not be refunded if the customer wishes to return the building within the 7 days.
14. Mercia Garden Products reserve the right to make changes to the disclaimers and these terms and conditions at any time.